Aspiring artists, scientists, gymnasts, sports players, and performers will revel in the astonishing and appealing array of activities available. The unique charm of Camp Gan Israel lies in the blending of weekly staples with specialty activities. Swimming, Jewish learning, sports, and line-up are diversified with choirs, races, competitions, police and fire demonstrations, drama, ballet, carnivals, dress-up days, overnights, color war, hiking, bunk competition, Shabbat parties, challah baking, and so much more. Under the direction of our experienced crafts director, campers will explore the breadth of their creativity with Judaica projects they can bring home and share.
Past trips include
- Kiddie Camp
- Pump it Up
- Alstede Farms
- Tag Alongs
- Randolph Gymnastics
- Gardner Fields
- Dorney Park
- Florham Park Roller Rink
- Lakeview Marina Speed Boating
- Underground Mine Tour
- Moster Mini Golf
- Tomahawk Lake
- Imagine That
- Bridgewater Sports Arena
- Liberty Science Center
Swimming and water activities are a vital part of each day at CGI, taking place daily except on trip days and Jewish fast days. Our top priority is water safety. To ensure this, we maintain small lifeguard-to-child ratios, employ only highly trained and certified professionals, and have many counselors certified in CPR and first aid.
Our aquatic program includes both free swim and structured swimming instruction. During the free swim, campers are paired using a buddy system to enhance awareness and safety. Swimming instruction is conducted in 20-minute sessions, offered in small groups for increased safety and personalized attention. Campers are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels according to their skill sets. They will learn new techniques and skills to enhance their swimming abilities.
The Boys’ Division, including Division B, will utilize the pool at the Rabbinical College of America campus, supervised by certified lifeguards. The Girls’ Division will swim in an indoor pool located near the camp. The Kiddie Camp will remain on campus, enjoying inflatable pools and slides, along with other water activities.
Campers will create masterpieces in:
- Culinary Arts
- Challah Baking
- Arts and Crafts
CGI campers love electives! They can make autonomous choices, explore new interests, and gain proficiency in their chosen activity. Campers can select a different elective three times over the summer and enjoy a range of activities.
See below for samples
Sample Weeks 1-2:
- Ukulele (a 5 week program taught by The Modern Music Academy)
- Lego Robotics (a STEAM program combining lego building with technology)
- Tennis (skills and tricks by Randolph Tennis)
- Magic (Magician Mike Capozzi teaches beginner tricks to stun their first audience)
Sample Weeks 3-5:
- Ukulele (must continue from the previous session)
- Kickz Soccer (a 3 or 5 week program to become a star soccer player with the KickzSoccer Club)
- Drama (tap into their imginative side and let the theatre bring it to life! With Karen Cooper)
- Mad Science (experiments for the brave and curious with Catherine Rosenthal)
Sample Weeks 6-7:
- Chess (the age old game of ultimate strategy challenges and inspires the mind)
- Kickz Soccer (accepting new members and granting previous members extra proficiency)
- Basketball (dribble and dunk like a pro with Mrs. Robinson)
- Delicious Delights (devise divine desserts that taste as good as they look)
Can you guess the cost of a flamingo? How about a grand talent show? Want to go on a bean hunt? All this and far more await a lively bunch of ever-more-fun-wanting little boys and girls at Gan Israel. Our weekly program is enhanced with:
- Water slides – Olympic type games – Overnights & Late Nights
Imaginarium – Foam Parties – Lego Robotics
Traveling shows – Fun Bus – Bunk competitions
- Family BBQ – CGI International live rally
- Petting Farms and much more!